Sunday, November 15, 2009

When You Thought I Wasn't Looking

When You Thought I Wasn't Looking
by Mary Schilke Korzan

When you thought I wasn't looking, you displayed my first report, and I wanted to do another.

When you thought I wasn't looking, you fed a stray cat, and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking, you gave me a sticker, and I knew the little things were special things.

When you thought I wasn't looking, you put your arm around me and I felt loved.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things hurt- but that it's alright to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking, you smiled, and it made me want to look that pretty too.

When you thought I wasn't looking, you cared, and I wanted to be everything I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked... and wanted to say thanks for all those things you did when you thought I wasn't looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment